Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I often have people ask me why I chose to stay in Abilene instead of moving back to the Metroplex post-graduation. My usual answer is, "I have no idea. It just worked out that way." Honestly, I don't know why I'm still here, but I'm pretty sure God wanted me here. Everything worked out so perfectly. So, until I figure out exactly what God's plan for me here is, I am attempting to stay entertained by enjoying the sights that one can only see in a place such as Abilene. Allow me to elaborate with a short listing of a few of the key sights I've witnessed of late:
  • An old fashioned covered wagon, minus the cover, being pulled by what appeared to be 2 donkeys, at a gas station along the highway.
  • An old woman riding her just-purchased bicycle through the Wal-Mart parking lot to her car.
  • A woman standing directly in the middle of the road, holding an umbrella, on a completely clear and sunny day.
  • A suburban filled with at least 15 children at the drive-in movie theater.
  • Lumberjack Olympics.
  • A couple in matching motorized wheelchairs crossing the street side-by-side.

This is just a small sampling of the insanity that occurs daily here in good ol' Abilene. And don't even get me started on the mysterious art work that is displayed throughout the town. The roommates and I have considered sculpting some statues of our own and attempting to sell them to the city. I think we could do better than a creepy metal pig with springs for legs and wheels for feet. But that's just me...

1 Comments:

Blogger Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Lumberjack Olympics?

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home