Tuesday, August 22, 2006


Yesterday was Jackson's 6 month birthday. For anyone out there who does not believe that we had a birthday party for him, complete with party hats and cup cakes, I have included this picture. So maybe the only people who attended the party were Megan, Stan, Brandon, and me, but we had a party nonetheless. (And in case you were wondering, yes, that is Tinkerbell on the party hat. What else can you get for a dog who's favorite color is pink?) The cupcakes were a big hit with Jackson. He ate about 5 of them. One of which we actually gave him. The other 4 he took when no one was looking. What a sneak...

So Phyllis and I spent just about all day yesterday and today helping out at Global Samaritan. I really enjoy volunteering there. Cat and the other guys who run it are fabulous, and it feels really good to be a part of something that's bigger than myself. We've been helping them put together a display board for Service Expo at ACU and Lectureship, and helping them finalize the design for their logo. It's really exciting to be involved in making decisions that will affect how things will be permanently. Brandon came with us today and helped us finalize the logo design. I think it turned out really nice. The display is just about ready too, and I think it's going to look really sharp as well. And anyone who knows me knows I absolutely love anything involving paper or office supplies or organizing things, so I'm in heaven. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else we can get involved with at Global Samaritan throughout the semester, and what kinds of doors it will open.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Love this picture! He looks so expectant (and it's really the only time I've seen him sit still).

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home