Saturday, August 12, 2006

I just realized something. I was on Facebook, just browsing through my friends who had recently updated their profiles, when it suddenly dawned on me that the first thing I check on many of my friends is their relationship status to make sure they haven't become engaged without my knowledge. It sounds silly I know, but it seems to be happening much more frequently than I'd like to admit. Add to that the fact that today at work when a fairly attractive young surgeon who we'd never met before came to our floor, my coworkers immediately began looking for a wedding ring, and sneaking me winks and nods when none was discovered. We then found out that his cousin is a nurse on one of the other floors, and that he was planning on stopping by to see her when he left our floor. So as soon as he walked down the hall, they picked up the phone, called his cousin, and started grilling her about his relationship status. Turns out he's married with a baby on the way. "Oh well," they told me, "we'll keep looking for you." They're seriously trying to get me married off. I'm beginning to feel like maybe singleness is viewed as some kind of disease or something... But really, it's not that bad. I'm happy with my life at the moment. I'm very happy for all of my married/engaged/practically engaged friends. And I think the set-up attempts are humorous and entertaining. Who knows, maybe one day they'll actually find me one who is single too... ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We're in the same boat, Brooke. (By the way, Who's the surgeon?) ;)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dr. Britton is so nice. I wondered about his marital status myself. Good to know. ;)

4:28 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hello, Miss Monroe! Long time so see, and this makes me sad. Let's do something next week before classes start. What are your days off from work?

The black lab on my blog is the dog of someone Bret works with, and she's giving him away. We thought we were going to take him, but we're already getting Boris and we decided one dog was enough for now! :-)

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home