Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Approximately two days ago, a fly decided to take up residence in my bedroom. It keeps making laps around the room. Every few minutes a small dark speck zooms across my line of sight. I've tried a couple of times to catch it, but so far my attempts have been fruitless. Sad day. Perhaps I should just resign myself to the fact that I now have an additional roommate. Only slightly smaller, and peskier, and who makes a small buzzing noise as he darts past my face. I suppose I should name him as well, because, after all, every other living thing (be it human, animal, or plant) residing in our house has a name. I think I'll call him Henry. Hopefully Henry's stay here will not be a long one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ari said...

Hello Brooke,

Your take n 'Henry' amused me so much, I just had to read it out to my 'X'!! She loved it. I ofcourse did not catch onto the senior part of it and immediately took it on myself that you were an 'aged senior', and I we loved your energy. Lo behold, I read your 22year old profile out loud to Annie (my X) and we both laughed further into the fact that we had misguided our perceptions based on incomplete information. Howzatt for an education.
You sound very together and happy with the way your life is going. Be trong young lady and dont hesitate to put your hands up in the air and scream "I LOVE LIFE" at the TOP of yuour voice.

aRI

7:28 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hours of Gilmore Girls? Ummmm, yes. I'm out of town until Tuesday, but would you and maybe the other gals want to go see "Devil Wears Prada" with me that day? I really want to see it (and "Failure to Launch" since y'all say such marvelous things about it). Girl movie day?

8:02 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I'm free almost any evening, so you just give me a little ring when you're off of work and want to have some movie time (or some walking time, since we both walk fast and it's fun). Good luck working three days in a row!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home