Tuesday, June 20, 2006

This afternoon, Phyllis, Julie, and I watched Raising Helen, a movie that highlights just a few of the challenges that come with parenthood. Then, I spent the evening reading about the birth process as part of my studies for my rapidly-approaching NCLEX. The combination of these events has made me seriously question any desire I have ever had to reproduce.

I take the NCLEX in approximately 33 hours. Basically, my career as a nurse depends upon my passing this test. Stress, anyone? I felt pretty confident until about 2 days ago. Now I suddenly feel as if I know nothing about nursing. I'm sure I'm just psyching myself out. At least that's what I keep telling myself...


5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You shouldnt worry, you are one of the smartest crazy people I know.. youll do great..

9:00 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

I had fun yesterday with you and Phyllis...I love having Target companions! You will ace your test, but good luck studying just the same!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

I know you can do it, Brooke! You should go rent Sound of Music and watch the part where Maria sings "I Have Confidence". I always feel like I can do anything after hearing that!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I know we just talked the other day about how weird it is for you to be set up with guys, but JUST IN CASE you're interested, I think I have a really nice guy for you. He's older (26) and he works in the medical field (pathology) and he is the brother-in-law of this really nice guy who works at ACU. He's been on mission trips to Honduras and graduated from ACU. From the two pictures I've seen, he's good-looking and he sounds oh-so nice. :-)

So...what do you think?

2:37 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

and don't you hate it when well-meaning but nosy friends assume you're looking for male companionship? :-)

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home