Monday, May 29, 2006

Good news: Phyllis and I made it back from Missouri alive. And well rested. I cannot even begin to express in words how great it was to spend 2 days of my life doing absolutely nothing and not feeling the slightest bit guilty about it! It was a beautiful thing. Unfortunately, we didn't make it back with a goat. Looks like Brandon gets to keep his lawn mowing job. :) We did, however, rescue a goat who got his head stuck in the fence. And by we, I mean Phyllis, her mom, and her grandma. My contribution to the effort was calling her grandma to let her know the goat was stuck, then standing by watching the rest of them free it. I don't know much about goats. But I did learn that pregnant goats are very funny looking. And the baby ones will try to eat your fingers. Good times...

Tomorrow it's back to real life. I still have 2 days of nursing orientation left, plus whatever I have to do to make up for missing Friday. Hopefully I'll be on the floor by the end of this week. I'm ready to feel like I'm really working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home