Wednesday, May 17, 2006

If hard work builds character, my roommates and I are going to be the most character-filled girls anyone has ever met!

This week is wearing me out! Today we finished the furniture painting and began to prime the living room, aka the Great Hall. And that name is no joke. That room is huge! I thought we'd never finish. But we did. Now all we have to do tomorrow is finish priming the kitchen, prime Megan's bathroom, rip down the wallpaper in my room and Phyllis' and my bathroom, and prime both of those rooms. And finish up the pink room. And clean the entire house so that we can have people over tomorrow night without looking like total slobs...Oh man. We're going to die...

But the good news is, hopefully the house will be done at the end of this weekend. The pink room is so close to completion it's not even funny. All we have to do is finish building and painting a couple pieces for the entertainment center, put the [alphabetized] DVD collection in the shelves, finish covering the small couch, and hang things on the walls. Sounds like a lot, but hopefully it won't take long. Then this weekend Megan's dad and little brother and his girlfriend are coming to finish up the painting of the rooms. My mom is coming as well, and hopefully my little brother and his girlfriend, so we're really hoping to get it all done.

I don't think I'll know what to do with myself when we really do finish all our work on this place. All we've been doing all day everyday for the past couple of weeks is work on various aspects of the house. I've given sweat, blood, and the top layer of my skin to this place. It better be worth it! I'm sure it will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home