Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Updates on life:

  • Tomorrow is my last day precepting at Cooks. It's been such an incredible learning experience! I'm so glad I got to come here. I don't feel quite as inept anymore, and I think it has definitely helped prepare me for my upcoming job in pediatrics. That being said, I'm ready for it to be over. I'm ready to get back to Abilene and my awesome roommates and our awesome house. And I won't be missing the 6am commute to downtown Fort Worth.
  • I graduate in 10 days. 10 days!! Wow. That's very soon. But I am very excited. No more school for me!!! Of course, that also means my official transition into adult life is rapidly approaching as well. However, I am much more excited and much less scared about this transition than I was just a few months ago. Look out world, here I come!
  • The roommates and I have begun to undertake the massive project that is fixing up our house. I went to Abilene last weekend to help out a bit. We worked pretty much nonstop from the time of my arrival on Thursday to the time I left on Sunday. We got a lot done, but still have tons to do. It's going to be great when we get it all done. Come see it!
  • Jackson is growing at an astronomical rate. He is going to be huge! It's great because he's still only 2 months old, so he hasn't quite figured out what to do with his ever-increasing mass. Result: the clumsiest puppy ever. I love it. He's also incredibly curious. The combination of these traits in a puppy who lives in a house that is currently in a constant state of change is quite amusing.
  • I am very excited to see what God has planned for my life in the upcoming weeks, months, and years. It's crazy to me how much things have changed in my life in the past year or so. There have been lots of ups and downs. I now find myself in a place I never would have dreamed I would be just a few months ago! The best part is, even though I never would have pictured my life the way it has turned out, I am more excited about it now than I ever was about the ways I imagined it going! I guess that's what happens when you let God take the wheel. He takes you to places that are so much better than the places you could get to on your own. God is good!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

definitely: cutest puppy ever.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home