Monday, June 26, 2006

Today was a day of many wonderous events. Events wonderous enough, in fact, to merit a list detailing the extent of their wonderousness.

  • This morning, Megan and I voluntarily roused ourselves from restful slumber at the ungodly hour of 5:30 so we could go work out before I had to be at work at 7. With much determination we took on the menacing stationary bicycles and Stairmasters. I am happy to report that we emerged successful, with only the slightest hint of soreness, and in plenty of time for me to shower and arrive to work on time.
  • Upon my timely arrival to work, I was beckoned by the small, mouse-like voice of the night charge nurse. She showered me with apologies as she informed me that the pediatric floor was devoid of patients this day, and thus my services would not be required. She had not called earlier to alert me to this fact because she did not have a phone number at which to reach me. I gladly supplied the desired number for use on future such occasions, and returned home to my bed and an additional 5 hours of sleep.
  • I am happy to report that we can now boast the proper functioning of all utility services at our house. The air conditioner repair man arrived at approximately 1:30pm. Shortly after his arrival, men came to install air vents in our attic, follwed a few minutes later by someone from the gas company to turn on our gas service. In a matter of hours we went from living in a hot, muggy, poorly-ventilated house with no hot water to a refreshingly cool, energy-efficient home with the luxury of a hot shower at any given moment.
  • I bought new shoes today for the first time in about 2 years. Let me restate that. I bought new athletic shoes for the first time in about 2 years. I decided that between being on my feet 36 hours a week at work and the challenge I have given myself to start walking/working out on a regular basis, I needed some shoes that actually benefit my feet in some way. And so, with the help of my shoe-savvy roommate Phyllis, I picked out some functional yet fashionable athletic style shoes. I must say, I am a bit proud of myself. This is the first time I actually considered the needs of my feet when purchasing shoes instead of basing my entire decision on visual appeal. Ah, personal growth.

I am certain I am leaving out other highlights of the day, but this is all that comes to mind at present. I have yet to find out whether or not I passed my NCLEX, which is slightly upsetting. I'm hoping I will know something tomorrow. I'll be sure to keep you well informed, faithful reader. I know you hate suspense.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes in fact you did leave out a very important and exciting event of the day!!! I'm very upset that you didn't mention the arrival of your stunningly handsome brother to the city of Abilene! And you might have mentioned what a wonderful job he did mowing your lawn and how awesome his new house is and how excellent it is to have him live right behind you! This is indeed upsetting at the least!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home