Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Good news: I found out today that I can now officially call myself a nurse. That's right, I passed the NCLEX!! Hoorah! I can now adequately appreciate the fact that I only had 75 questions on my test. *** :) :) :)*** Done and done.

Failure to Launch came out on DVD today. You better believe a copy of it now resides among our hundreds (literally) of alphabetized cinematic masterpieces. I have to say, this movie has become a recent favorite of mine. Probably partially because the roommates and I laughed like idiots through the whole showing at the theater, and partially because it is chock full of fabulous one-liners such as, "What size of a group are we talking about? Is it a small group? Like, a basketball team? Or is it a big group? Like...the Chinese?" Oh man. You don't run across quality like that every day.

You know what I love? I love the fact that people have the ability, based solely on the distinctive yellowish staining of my teeth, to determine that I spent my formative years in West Texas. It's quite a self-esteem booster, really. There's really little that compares with a compliment like, "My, you have an incredibly strong, although slightly discolored, mouth full of teeth!" High praise, I tell you. High praise...

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Congratulations -- on both your strong teeth and passing your NCLEX! Now everyone can call you "Nurse Monroe" and that will be fun.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...i just sent a myspace message and read this...I bought Failure to Launch yesterday and it is one of my faves too! I totally agree about the one liners...my favorite it "I know...I'm pretty excited." Anyways have a good day!
Melissa

9:33 PM  
Blogger Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Congrats Brooke!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home