Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Behold: the most fabulous clock ever.



I bought it today at Hobby Lobby. I saw it on the shelf and fell in love. I then spent the next few hours of my life searching for just the right numbers to photograph to bring my beloved clock to life. Most of them came from around my house, but a few required a bit of stealth. The 5 came from the side of a truck in the Bueno parking lot, and the 9 came from the front porch of an unknown neighbor. We tried a few times to get the 10 from the street sign for 10th Street, but after a few failed attempts involving my hanging half-way out of the passenger side window of Megan's Jeep, I had to satisfy myself with a picture from a magazine.

So I know I have been lax in my postings lately, and for that I apologize. Life has been a wee bit insane lately. Phyllis and I returned on Monday from a weekend trip to her hometown of Grand Haven, Michigan. It was a fabulous time. It was fun to meet all of her friends and finally put some faces with names. We planned our trip around the final weekend of the Coast Guard Festival, which takes place in Grand Haven each summer to celebrate the birthday of the US Coast Guard. And, like any good American tradition, provides a good excuse for hundreds of people to cram into a very small area and get drunk. It was a lot of fun. (Note to the parents: Don't worry. I was not a participant in the drinking. Just a spectator.) Highlights from the weekend included an art fair, swimming in Lake Michigan, getting nauseated just watching the carnival rides, meeting lots of fun new people, eating good food, seeing the most incredible fireworks show ever, walking almost everywhere we went, listening to funny Michigan accents, enjoying the cute little town, and taking a break from real life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

J'adore les nombres! And I am glad you girls had a lovely trip. Now it's back to Abilene and real life, eh? :-)

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home