Friday, August 18, 2006

Today started off normal enough. I had the day off, so I decided to get some stuff done that I've been putting off for a while. It was actually quite a productive day. But at some point in time between then and now, things took an interesting turn. We had a pleasant enough evening. Megan and I conned Roommate Phil into coming over to hang our celing fan in the pink room, we made nachos, and then the 3 of us and Stan played a lively game of Monopoly, in which Stan beat the pants off us all. After Stan gloated a little, we decided to go visit Phyllis at work. We took Jackson along with us, because we learned recently that he enjoys ice cream just as much as the rest of us. When we got back to the house, we noticed Brandon's car across the street, so we figured he must be next door at James' house. We decided we ought to go say hi. We knocked several times, but no one answered, so we decided to let ourselves in, since the door was unlocked. I think we nearly gave James a heart attack. But he recovered quickly, and we had a pleasant chat with him, Brandon and Jairo for a few minutes. We invited them over to watch Serendipity with us, but they refused. So Megan, Stan, Roommate Phil, and I headed back to the house for the movie. Megan and Stan didn't quite make it through the whole movie before passing out, but Phil and I managed to see the end. When it was over, I offered to give Phil a ride home so he wouldn't have to walk home at midnight. When I opened the front door, I was greeted by trees full of toilet paper, and a car wrapped in seran wrap. Hmm...I wonder who could have done that? I looked over and noticed James walking a friend out to her car, so I immediately began interrogating. As I made my way over to his house, I caught a quick glimpse of Brandon just inside the front door. As soon as he saw me, he bolted to the back of the house. They tried to shut me out, but I was too quick. I caught the cultprits and demanded that they clean up their mess. While we out in the yard watching them climb the trees in effort to get toilet paper out, we heard shouting coming from a house across the street and a few doors down. Their dog was having puppies! How exciting! Jairo and I decided it might be fun to see, so we decided to be neighborly and go say hi. Their front door was open and the guy who lives there was running around excitedly in his living room telling someone on the phone about the puppies. We congratulated him and asked if we could come take a look. He was more than happy to allow us in. I had never seen a freshly born puppy before. They're definitely cuter when they're cleaned up a bit... As we were standing around in awe of the single puppy that had been born so far, I suddenly realized I had my camera in my hands from taking pictures of the boys cleaning up the toilet paper. So I offered to take some pictures for them. I only got a few, because only one puppy had been born, and the mom was pretty protective of it. We stayed around for a few minutes to see if we could catch the birth of any more of the puppies, but she seemed to be taking her time, and the place was getting a little crowded with people who actually knew the owners of the dog, so I decided to head back home. But the guy who lives there told me to be sure to bring him copies of the pictures I got. Funny way to meet one's neighbors. Oh well. It was fun. When I got back to my house I learned that there was craziness going on here as well while I was away. Apparently Brandon and James had decided to do a little late-night trampoline jumping on our duct taped trampoline. James recalled that he used to be able to do a back flip, and wondered if it was a skill he still possessed. Apparently he was a bit rusty. He ended up flipping off the trampoline and somehow hitting his wrist on our house. Not sure how that happened, but he seemed to be in a bit of pain. I did my nurse-ly duties and looked it over. It didn't seem to be severely damaged, so I recommended an ice pack. And no more back flips. Man. This night has been insane.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I am off Monday, too, but Bret's mom is coming into town on short notice and might be here until Wednesday or so. Soooo...we'll get together later. Tell my brother to stop being a trampoline show-off. :-)

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home