Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Today I received the scrubs I ordered online. It was a joyous day. I got some really cute cartoon tops, including Blues Clues, Curious George, and Snoopy. I seriously have the best job. I basically wear pajamas to work, and I never have to give up my love for cartoon clothing. It's great.

Today was the first day of Service Expo at ACU. The beautiful display for Global Samaritan created by Phyllis and me was put on display for the first time, and I got to be the lucky one to man the table. We got a few names of people interested in helping out. Phyllis will be manning it tomorrow. We'll see what comes of it. At least our display looked awesome. :)

The first Monday Night at the Majestic went well last night. We had 6 people show up, plus the 3 roommates. We spent most of the evening singing. I loved it. It's been a while since I've gotten to participate in some quality praise and worship in song. Between working and being out of town, I haven't been to church in Abilene in probably a month or more. It makes me sad inside. I miss feeling like I belong to a church family. This Sunday, Megan and I are going to go to Southern Hills. I think we're going to try out the singles class there. Hopefully it will be a good way to meet some people and get involved. We're also hoping to go tomorrow night to their HIP service, assuming I get off work in time. That's the one drawback of my perfect job. It makes it hard for me to be invovled in everything I want to be involved in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'll be looking forward to seeing you at SHCOC.
I teach the Kindergarten class, so I miss out on some quality after-church visiting time, but I'll be looking for you.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home