Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I'm ready for Christmas. Pretty much, I'm always ready for Christmas, but my anticipation has been heightened recently as we begin preparations for the beloved holiday at work. Apparently, in years past, the pedi floor at Hendrick has not been decorated in very kiddish ways. That is all about to change. The husband of one of the nurses has graciously devoted hours and hours to tracing and cutting out the most adorable wooden cut-outs of a train and gingerbread houses and gingerbread people, which will be used to transform the entire unit into a winter wonderland. Tonight after work I got to go have a look at them, as I am one of the few who has expressed desire to help paint them. It will take some time and dedication, but it will be so worth it. We are also devoting free time at work to making tissue paper snow flakes. And by "we," I mean "me." Apparently I'm either the only one on the unit who possesses the talent of making paper snowflakes, or I'm the only one who will admit it. Last week I had made probably close to 50, all of which are now mysteriously missing. I think someone threw them away, which makes me very sad inside. So today I had to start all over. Oh well. At least I am easily amused by kiddie crafts. Don't even get me started on the foam ornaments we are decorating with glitter paint. Man, I love my job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home