Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Feeling slightly giddy....

In what universe does this make sense? Ok, so I go to work this morning at 8:00 and stay until 1 in the afternoon. Five hours of work, right? False! Four and a half hours of me doing homework and maybe 30 minutes of me actually doing what they pay me to do. I'm not necessarily complaining, just making an observation. It was weird.

Tonight was much more entertaining. Ryan, the rumored boy, came over for a few hours. It was good times. After I forced him to wait while I watched the end of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (what a great show!!), we decided it was chow time and ventured into the kitchen to whip up the classic American delicacy, mac & cheese. The preparation of the dish proved to be much better than the end product, as it appears that our refrigerator has decided to rebell and make all of our milk turn bad. Sad day. But I'm sure he'll not soon forget the time he came over and I fed him sour macaroni.

Despite the initial culinary catastrophe, the evening went fabulously. In spite of the fact that I have only known this guy for about a week, I find myself remarkably at ease and myself around him. This is completely foreign to me. I have always felt awkward and self-conscious around new people, especially guys, not to mention guys I'm attracted to! So, needless to say, I am pretty excited about the way things seem to be progressing. I'll be sure to keep my faithful readers posted on any further developments.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

ryan is indeed a lot of fun! he seems completely at ease around you, too, and definitely fascinated -- probably by your luminous beauty! :-)

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home