Friday, July 30, 2004

Breaking the Bonds of Boredom

Tomorrow I will leave for Whitney, TX and fun times at good ol' ISCC. This makes me happy on the inside. I have been feeling very restless lately, and quite desperate to put some distance between myself and the city of Abilene. My summer here has been pleasant, but overwhelmingly uneventful, and I am actually looking forward to the new school year. I am a little nervous about starting nursing school, though. I fear the amount of studying that has been rumored to come with the title of "nursing student." I am also quite worried about the fact that I will become, for all practical purposes, estranged from the ACU campus and therefore my friends who will still have their classes there. I refuse to become disconnected because of my forced shift in location. The mere thought of being referred to as "the girl we used to be friends with" sends shivers up and down my spine. I will prevail!!

On a side note, the other night Whitney, Julie, and I had a very sporadic night of girly-ness which resulted in alterations in hair color for all involved. It was really quite exciting. Although my new, darker, "chestnut" (as Julie has dubbed it) hair is by no means drastic (even my own father didn't notice the change), it makes me feel happy and spontaneous. Hooray for random hair dying nights!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

your hair looks SENSATIONAL, you saucy minx! you should try to seduce as many boys as possible with its vibrancy and sparkling colour.

umm...let's pretend i didn't say that, for propriety's sake. :) have fun at iron springs!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home