Friday, July 16, 2004

Old ladies + Weight machines = Fun for all!!

I love Fridays. Even in the summer, when I have nothing to do any day of the week, Fridays make me happy. I will always reserve a special place in my heart for Fridays.
 
Today I experienced the wonder that is Curves for women. Julie is a proud member, and so I tagged along with her this morning. For any girl out there who is intimidated by the thought of looking weak/puny/out of shape compared to those who frequent most gyms, this place is for you. We were the youngest people there by about 20 years, not counting the 2 girls who were working there. One lady that was there had to have been at least 65. It was great. There was happy, perky music playing and little old ladies power walking-in-place all over the room. In the middle of the room there is a pile of hula hoops, and on the wall there is a board announcing the proud winners of the previous week's hula hoop contest winners. Who couldn't have fun in such an environment?
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home