Monday, August 09, 2004

Learning to Accept my Age

Oh man. Two of my friends are now married. Does this freak out anyone else as much as it does me? For some reason I find it very hard to make myself believe that I am actually approaching the age where marriage is an appropriate step to take. Perhaps it is because I feel it is still in my very, very distant future. However, I still find great joy in attending other people's weddings, and Curtis and Lauren's was no exception. Everything was so pretty! Sometimes I wish that I could just have a wedding without the whole getting married part. Does anyone else share my sentiments? Probably not, but I am ok with that.

The knowledge that no more than 14 days lie between me and the start of nursing school has me feeling rather restless. Part of me is ready to jump in with both feet and get this career path started, but another part of me is saying, "there's no way I'm ready for this!! I don't want to grow up!" In all reality, I think I'll be fine. I've always been pretty academically-inclined, especially when it comes to things that interest me. I think what I'm most concerned about is the fact that I'll no longer be at ACU. All of my classes will be at the nursing school over by Hendrick Hospital. I have this fear that as a result of this, my connections with my friends will slowly drift away and I will be stranded in a world of nursing students who do nothing but study. That thought alone makes me question my choice of majors. But I will be strong. I will not be lost in the nursing school abyss. I'm counting on my friends to help me out in this. If you realize that I seem to have fallen off the face of the earth, please rescue me. Call me, come over and drag me away, anything. I will need it, I'm sure.




1 Comments:

Blogger Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Don't worry Brooke you can count on us...if need be we will attack your house, throw you in a sack, and take you to all kinds of craziness. We won't let you get sucked into the world of nursing without a fight!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home