Wednesday, August 18, 2004

A New Chapter in my Life

My summer has ended. This is a sad day. I am currently enjoing a 2 hour break from nursing school orientation. I have 2 and a half more days of this to look forward to. Please pray for my sanity. I'm definately looking forward to getting into my majr and all, but I hate just sitting and listening to all the rules and guidelines, etc. I suppose it's all necessary and what not, but wow, very boring.

We took a random break in the middle of our morning to convene in the "living room" of the school for some singing. This was an interesting experience. We sang some worship songs with the accompaniment of a piano. This was my first real experience with using instruments in worship. It made me have a whole new appreciation for a capella singing. The piano was pretty and all, but I could only hear the voices of the 3 or 4 people right around me. I think part of the worship experience for me is hearing the voices of others as they worship as well. I guess it's mostly a matter of what I'm used to, but today I came to appreciate the a capella tradition in a whole new way.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home