Thursday, August 19, 2004

It's the End of My Life as I Know It

I just spent the last 15 minutes or so of my life perusing the thoughts of total strangers. I thought it might be fun to read some of the "blogs of interest" and recently updated blogs. I have discovered a new time-devouring trap I must beware of. Or is it "of which I must beware?" Where is my English-major roommate when I need her?

Nursing school is going to eat my life. I can feel it. These past 2 days of orientation have been extremely long days. One more to go. And then school starts for real. What am I doing with my life? Starting it. That's what. It's kind of scary to realize that the information I will be cramming into my head in the next 2 years is what I will be relying on throughout the remainder of my professional career. (Ka-Reer!!) But I am definately excited about it all. I really think I will enjoy nursing school, despite the fact that today we were told of the extremely likelihood of our social lives as we know them failing to exist for the next 2 years. I am determined to find a way around this. But I also realize that in all reality, I will have to study more in the coming semesters than I ever have before. This makes me sad on the inside. I am not a studier. I never have been. I was the person in high school who would show up to class on test days completely oblivious to the fact that a test was about to be administered and still do well on it. I say this not to brag on myself, but just to say that this is the way I was. As a result of that, I never really learned how to study effectively. I fear that this will be a struggle for me in my new academic endeavors. That and the fact that I have an attention span of approximately 43 seconds.




2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

here is your english major roommate! and you misspelled "definitely!" arg! :-)

you know i love you more than cheese and tattoos. i don't mind your misspellings because everyone is cursed by typos. they build character.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

i commented! i really did! i don't know where it went!!!

anyways, i love you just the same. you're one of the three best nursing majors ever! :-)

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home