Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I have been told I need to update my blog more frequently. Well, I can't make any promises on the frequency, but here is an update.

Life is good. I have spent the vast majority of the past few weeks either at work or in Arlington, spending time with my family and a certain boy I know. :)

Work is pretty good. I can hardly believe that I will have been working at Hendrick for a year this month! Time sure does fly! I feel like I have come a long way in a year. I feel pretty confident in my ability to do my job and do it well, which is huge. I feel like even though I am young, and I know I have a lot to learn, I have earned the respect of my coworkers and superiors, and that's a pretty good feeling! Starting in June, I will be assuming the role of coach once again, and orienting a brand new graduate nurse. I think it's kind of funny that just a year ago I was the brand new baby nurse, and now they are trusting me to orient a brand new baby nurse. It's definitely a confidence booster, that's for sure! I just hope I don't let her down!

Life outside of work is fabulous. Charles is still amazing, and continues to give me new reasons to smile every day. Right now he is in the process of looking for a job in the Abilene area so that we can actually live in the same town in a few months!! I am so excited!! Long distance is hard. I have no doubt in my mind that our relationship would survive being long distance for another year until my commitment at Hendrick is fulfilled, but neither one of us is very excited about that idea. Everything is still very uncertain and up in the air right now, but we are both praying that God will take care of every detail. I am so excited to see what happens in the coming weeks and months!

I have to say goodbye to one of my roommates and best friends in a very short time. :( Phyllis graduates on Saturday, and will be moving out just a week or 2 later. I am very sad to see her go, but oh so excited for her and the exciting adventures she will have in grad school and life! Phyllis, I love you girl and I am going to miss you bunches!! I hope you know that you and I have a special bond, and you pretty much can't get rid of me, even if you do move thousands of miles away!! Best of luck with school...and other potential developments in life. ;)

The loss of a roommate means big changes here at the Majestic. Megan and I have some pretty big plans for home improvement projects that will hopefully be accomplished fairly early this summer. The end result of these projects will leave not one, but two empty rooms to fill! And as far as prospective roomates to fill these rooms...we've got nothing. So, if anyone knows of a couple of fun girls who need a place to live, send them our way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home