Monday, April 16, 2007

So I spent a good portion of last night and this morning reading all of my old blog posts. It was basically like reliving highlights of the last 3 years of my life. I enjoy the occasional journey through the past, because I am always amazed at what I can see now that I couldn't see then. I can see how confusing or frustrating times were really just a step along the way to something incredible. I can see how various events taught me valuable lessons that I will always carry with me. Basically, I can see how God was moving in my life the entire time, even though there were moments along the way when I felt like he was a million miles away. God is pretty awesome like that. It makes me wonder what incredible things he has in the works right now that I am completely oblivious to...

I already know that God is up to something big in my life right now. I don't know exactly what it is, or what it is going to look like, but I can just feel that things are about to happen. Even these past few months have been incredible. Without a doubt, the most wonderful thing he has done for me lately is bringing Charles into my life. I can't even explain how happy I am right now. I feel like our relationship is just so right. We get each other. We can talk for hours and never run out of things to say. And it's not like we're just rambling. We have real conversations about real issues. Issues that are near and dear to us. And it has been that way from day one. I honestly feel like there has never been an awkward moment between us. I don't know that I can make that claim about many other relationships I've had, dating or otherwise. I love knowing that we can talk about absolutely anything. And not just that we can, we actually do! But I also love that we are not super serious all the time. Anyone who knows me knows I am just a big kid inside, and I love being goofy and having a good time. One of the things I love about Charles is that he not only understands and appreciates that about me, he will go there right along with me! It's so fun to know that my inner child has someone to play with. I really could go on and on about all the reasons I am crazy about this guy and how excited I am about this relationship, but I will spare you for the time being. :) Just know that I love him and I am incrediby happy.

I am also getting really excited about the future as far as work goes. I am already coming up on one year of being at Hendrick, and I feel like God has really blessed me here. I feel like I have learned so much, and built such great relationships with the people that I work with. There is no doubt in my mind that the decision I made to stay in Abilene after graduation was absolutely the right decision for me. That being said, after another year here, I will have completed the 2 years I committed to when I accepted my position at Hendrick. At this point, I don't really know where I will go from here. But really, I am not overly concerned about it. I know that God has a plan for my life, and I completely trust him and believe that he will lead me there. I have a vague idea of what kind of long-term goals I'd like to accomplish career-wise, but mostly I just want to know that I am fulfilling God's plans for me. I believe that as long as I am letting him guide me, I will always be exactly where I am supposed to be.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this post and I'm so glad you're so dang happy! We need to stuff our faces together sometime. This Friday or Saturday evening?

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am free next Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday nights (I'm actually free all day Tuesday after 1:30). Let me know what works for you!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love reading over old posts...i haven't done that in a long time... its just healthy reflection i think.

great to hear about charles (is he in charge? :)).

keep pursuing God, and he will keep pursuing you. He loves you like that!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Let's do it Tuesday night, okay? I could be at your house around 7:45, and we can go from there.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home