Thursday, February 01, 2007

Hello, blog friends. Thanks for your votes of confidence and prayers for me during my freak-out last week. As you can now be assured, I survived the dreaded day of charging. It was not an entirely horrible experience, but I look forward to not taking on such responsibility again for many months to come.

My newest stress-inducing work-related responsibility is being in charge of making the schedule for the pedi unit. This one I can't blame on anyone but myself, because I volunteered to do it. I think it will be slightly challenging and a bit time consuming considering the lack of staff resources at the moment, but I'm a bit of a nerd, and I look at it like a puzzle I have to solve. I think I will enjoy the task in a way that would probably sicken most normal people. Plus, I kind of like the feeling of having something to do that other people are counting on. It makes me feel like I'm actually doing something that matters. I've been a bit bored lately, and feeling kind of selfish because I don't really do a whole lot that doesn't concern me directly. The change feels good.

While we're on the topic of stress-inducing situations, I'm becoming a bit stressed about the upcoming spring break mission trip to Honduras that my roommates and I are planning. For a while, we were really concerned that we weren't going to get the number of people we needed to make the trip a reality, but we decided to go for it and trust God to bring us people. We ended up with a list of 13 names, and we were very excited. Plane tickets were purchased. Then, today, we found out that 2 people are backing out. Besides the fact that it's just a wee bit frustrating to have people back out so late in the game, it's bringing up the delimma of what to do with the plane tickets that have already been purchased in these people's names. Do we make them pay for tickets they won't be using? Do we try to find people to take their places on such short notice? If we do find willing participants, will we be able to have the names on the tickets changed? I'm so bad at handling situations like this. I hate the awkwardness of it all. I really wish I could just eat the cost of their tickets and not have to address the situation at all, but aside from the fact that there's pretty much no way I could afford to do that, and the fact that it's not exactly fair, it's also incredibly passive of me, and I need to learn to grow up and deal with things. So, if you would, please pray that we find an effective way to deal with this little snag pretty quickly. I honestly believe that this trip is something God will bless, and I know that He will provide us with a solution, but the little person inside me who desires to have complete control and know exactly how things are going to work out is going a little bit crazy at the moment.

Despite my last several less-than-cheerful posts, I promise my life really isn't that horrible! God has blessed me incredibly, and I really am loving life. Sometimes a girl just needs to vent...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I appreciate your ventings, Brooke. I led a spring break campaign to Honduras a few years ago - the first time SBC went, actually. And it was a royal pain. First, we really struggled (like you) to find enough participants. Then we had several drop out - at the last minute - which is a difficult place to find yourself in. Obviously you can't EAT the tickets yourself. It's wrong for the whole group to have to make that up. Just keep praying that you can find willing people to take those slots. One of the guys on our trip joined us the week before! I know you're already doing this, but continue to pray and put it entirely in God's hands! He will provide.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home