Thursday, January 04, 2007

Today one of my patients at work noticed my braces and told me I had sparkly teeth. I might have let this comment make me self-conscious, but then he let me play puppies with him and his 2 stuffed dogs, Lenny and Fur Dog (who I think was actually a horse), and all was well with life again.

I hope everyone is enjoying a fabulous start to 2007! I can't complain. I love new years, because they make me think of new beginnngs, which are always exciting! I have no clue what God may have planned for my life in the next 12 months, but I can't wait to find out! But before I get too excited about the mysteries of the months ahead, let's enjoy some highlights from a year in the life of Brooke: 2006.
  • Graduation from nursing school. The end of my 16-year career as a student. Beautiful.
  • First real person job. In Abilene. By choice. Go figure.
  • First contribution to my retirement fund. Just the thought of that terrifies me to my very core.
  • First payment on my student loans. College was a good idea, right?
  • Brand new car. In my name. One of the scariest purchases I've ever made.
  • New puppy. She's crazy, but I love her!
  • Dental adventures from Hades. 4 extractions, 4 fillings, 2+ years of braces. I don't even want to know how much my smile will be worth when all is said and done.
  • 2 of my best friends become my 2 roommates. Words cannot describe the fun we have!
  • My brother and my cousin become my neighbors. The familial neighborhood take-over begins.

I'm sure there are many other notable events I am forgetting, but I'm beginning to bore myself, so I can only imagine what it must be like to read this. That being said, I wish everyone the happiest of happiness in 2007!! The end.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

I love you and your sparkly teeth.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home