Sunday, January 14, 2007

Let's take a moment to consider the fact that it is currently 2:27 in the am. Clearly, I am failing miserably at the whole "let's try to normalize the sleep schedule and function like a normal human being" routine. This cannot be healthy.

I think I'm in a funk. Things are not bad, they are just...boring. I do pretty much the same things all the time: I spend 3 or 4 days a week working. Those days consist of getting up, going to work, coming home, sitting around for a while, then going to bed so I can do it all over again. Unless I don't have to work the next day, in which case I sit around until much later in the night, then go to bed and sleep through the better half of the next day. My days off consist mostly of sitting around, watching movies or whichever season of Friends we are on (currently season 6), playing on the internet, and occasionally reading. What am I doing with my life? I need something to be involved in. I need a hobby or a project of some kind. I need to feel like I am actually living life, instead of just floating around in it, wasting my time. Ideas? Suggestions? Please help!

4 Comments:

Blogger Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Spice up life with more trips to College Station to see me! Actually we have yet to get together the times you have been down :(

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's night at the Majestic shaping up to look like this semester?

I am considering getting a full time job, but I'm worried because I want to live a sane life and don't know that those two things are compatible! :) What brings you the most joy in life? When was a time you last felt totally fulfilled with things that were happening in your life? These kinda questions inevitably lead me to something cool. Usually for me it involves hot tar and chicken feathers.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Become a ninja!

But seriously. You rock the colouring books and you're great with kids, so you could volunteer/work at a daycare on weekends. Ooh, and play with Play-Dough!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brooke, I feel exactly the same way! I thought I would like my time off, but if feels useless when I'm not doing anything productive..some of the things I've thought of (but have yet to do)...maybe take a class like spanish, finances, or something fun like cake decorating! Let me know how things go.. I need some motivation!
-Bonnie

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home