Monday, January 23, 2006

Yesterday I got an email from a friend who I haven't seen since about 9th or 10th grade. She and I went to church together and went to the same high school, but somewhere along the way she quit coming to church, and my high school was so huge, our paths rarely crossed. I actually had no idea if she even graduated or where she was anymore. I had pretty much put her on my list of people who I never expected to hear from again. (Not that I actually have such a list, but you know...) But God does some crazy things. Based on the huge percentage of my youth group that ended up at ACU, she guessed that's where I was, and searched the website for my email address. Voila. The magic of modern technology. She is now married (add another one to the list...) and living in Pennsylvania. I am excited to be able to catch up with my long-lost friend!

Remember back in junior high and high school when we had spirit days? I was thinking about that today. I'm not really sure what the purpose of those was supposed to be. We rarely had any spirit days where we were encouraged to wear school colors or anything. We had stuff like hat day, pajama day, and crazy sock day. I think my favorite was pajama day. Crazy sock day really wasn't much of a big deal to me. I have crazy sock day everyday. I think the weirdest day I remember having was in 4th grade. We had no-talk day. I don't know why. It wasn't a school-wide thing or anything, it was just the 4th grade. We were supposed to go the whole day without speaking a word. The only exception was recess. I guess they figured a bunch of 10-year-olds need some sort of release. I think maybe we got some sort of reward if we made it the whole day without talking. I don't really remember. Back then, we all thought it was so much fun. But looking back, I bet our teachers just got sick of listening to us, and told us it would be a fun game to try to keep quiet. Huh. I wonder how well that would go over with in my class now. I have a feeling I'd be out pretty quick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home