Friday, December 30, 2005

"The truth is...with you, I'm in real danger. It took like a perfect situation, apart from that foul temper of yours --but my relatively inexperienced heart would, I fear, not recover if it was once again...cast aside, which I would absolutely expect to be."

So eloquently spoken to Julia Roberts by Hugh Grant in the movie Notting Hill. I wonder how many writers it took to pinpoint my precise feelings at this moment? Obviously, my situation is a bit different from the character who spoke these lines. I am not a male, British, travel-book store owner who is being propositioned by a famous American actress. I do, however, think I understand how he must have felt. What to do, what to do? The character in the movie eventually decided it was worth the risk. The question is, do I?

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

brooke, to me, you'll always be a male, british travelbook store owner propositioned by famous americans. and that is why i love you.

i am calling you today, and that is that. i can't stand our separation anymore. i miss phyllis, too. where my girls at?!

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home