Friday, December 23, 2005

Hooray for the holidays! The fam arrived today. A house full of my relatives equals craziness and fun times for all. Tonight the siblings and I played the old-school Nintendo version of Family Feud. Team Brake vs. Team Brymber. (We're so clever with our name combinations, I know.) I am proud to say that Team Brake was victorious, despite Brandon's questionable spelling abilities. ;) I made quite a grown-uppish purchase today. I bought a new computer. Eek! I don't feel old enough to be allowed to buy such things. I get to pick it up tomorrow. I am excited. :) <--Me, being excited. I am also excited that tomorrow is Christmas Eve. I love Christmas, even though the temperatures have been hovering around 70 the past few days and it feels quite the opposite of the way Christmas ought to feel. I guess that's what I get for living in Texas!

And now, I must get some sleep. But I leave you with this little piece of inspiration from the show Daisy Does America: "I would give my liver, my spleen, my gallbladder for you!" And that my friends, is no lie! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

personally, i would give my liver or my gallbladder for you, brooke monroe. but my spleen...i just don't know. :-) i hope you have an exquisite christmas!

7:31 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I got a laptop. Fancy schmancy, I know. It's a Compaq Presario something-or-other. Found a good deal online. Came with a free printer. Woo hoo!! Merry Christmas to me.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

brooke! i got you a vinyl record, too! it was going to be for your birthday, but i'll go ahead and ruin the surprise. it's a disney record called "merriest songs" and has twenty or so disney characters on a carousel. it's very colourful and happy. it made me think of you, although i'm not sure it will actually go with your room decor. i just thought it was fun. tell your family i said hi! your mom is cute as a button.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home