Saturday, December 17, 2005

Today I had to go to work...twice. I went once this morning at 7am to work a breakfast party. I got home at noon, slept until 4, got up, showered, and went back to work at 5:30. Holy goodness.

I have decided my workplace is hazardous to my health. I am covered in bruises incurred while moving tables and chairs repeatedly to various locations throughout the club. I have cuts on the tips of 2 of my fingers from polishing mirror tiles to use as centerpieces. These cuts were aggravated by the lemon juice that got in them while I was cutting lemons. I turned my thumb black from burning it on a lighter I was using to light candles for the party we had tonight. And my feet hurt from being on them all day. Enough complaining, you say? Ok, I'm done.

Tonight there was a bit of excitement at the wedding reception I was working. The flower arrangement on the table with the groom's cake caught on fire. No joke. Some men attempted to swat it out with a napkin, and we finally had to dump a glass of water on it. No severe damage was done; just a few blackened rose petals. But this lady made me prop open the door behind the cake tables to allow the smoke to escape because she feared it would trigger the sprinkler located directly above both wedding cakes. Wow. That would have been some kind of memorable wedding reception...

1 Comments:

Blogger Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Man, I hope something crazy like that happens at my wedding!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home