Friday, December 02, 2005

The Christmas season has arrived, signaling the beginning of the most entertaining time of year to work at a country club. There are parties every weekend bringing out all sorts of Abilene's finest. Tonight we had a group of military officers in one room and the staff of the Saturn dealership in another room. I always love looking at what people wear to these things. Last year we had a lady who, I kid you not, had fake toenails. Why? What's the point? Tonight, in the same party, one lady was wearing a black evening dress, and another lady was wearing jeans and a sweater. Variety is the spice of life, I suppose.

Things get especially entertaining later on in the evening when everyone's got a few drinks in them. Last night I had a guy tell me he thought I was the prettiest girl they had working there. Tonight, I had a guy tell me I looked like I had some Indian in me, and while he tried to guess which tribe I was from, his friend kept trying to come up with reasons that I needed legal counsel and informing me that he, a lawyer himself, would be more than happy to help me out. I also witnessed two men come very close to throwing some punches at one another, but then resolve their differences and spend a good 15-20 minutes telling each other how much they love each other, with occasional hugs and kisses on the forehead and cheek thrown in for good measure. Meanwhile, their innebriated wives sat on the floor nearby, immersed in conversation and apparently oblivious to what was going on. Oh man...I love my job.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your job just keeps sounding better and better...

5:22 PM  
Blogger Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

what a cool job...have you ever been slapped on the butt?

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home