Sunday, November 27, 2005

And...back in Abilene. It was good to be home for a while, but I must admit that I'm also glad to be back. Never thought I'd say those words...Weird.

Only 2 weeks left of my next-to-last semester of college. Scary thought!

Phyllis and I had quite the adventurous trip back to Abilene. The traffic was insane in general, simply because it is a holiday weekend, but it was compounded by the fact that there was a grass fire raging right along the edge of the highway. (See below.) This was the larger of the two grass fires we passed between Arlington in Abilene. Unfortunately, we did not capture any photo documentation of the second. By the time we reached Ranger, we were in need of a pit stop. Aparently so was the rest of the world. I have never seen a Love's Truck Stop so packed. The line for the bathroom was out the door, and by the looks of the empty shelves where bottled water should have been, you'd think the Apocalypse was approaching. It was nuts. We did make it safely to our destination, although it did take an hour longer than it should have. All I have to say about it is: God bless the man who invented the access road!

Fire #1 (Note the frighteningly close proximity to the major thoroughfare.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

bret and i saw the fires, too! it was pretty awesome to watch, but scary. it made me wants s'mores.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

well, i got an IV when i went to the ER around midnight with chest pains...i was pretty scared because i am used to my irregular heartbeat, but this was something different. they did an EKG and didn't establish anything except that i have heart palpitations, and then they did a CT scan because they thought maybe i had a lung embolus (one of the blood tests was worrisome). THEN everything checked out fine, and the ER doctor told me to take off the BC patch because it could make any heart irregularities worse. basically, better safe than sorry.

and that is my story. (this is my story, this is my song...)

are you girls coming to lunch tomorrow? if not, we need to schedule some fun girl time for finals week, maybe a movie or chili's. let me know your schedule, because i must see you very soon!!!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home