Saturday, November 05, 2005

Tonight I hung out with a group of girls at a gathering affectionately known as "I-dub." In normal-people language, that's "IW," which stands for "Independent Women." The female response to "He-Man Night." These assemblages of the girls of Sigma Pi Phi occur on a somewhat regular basis, however, I ususally have to work so I miss out on the festivities. But not tonight! I was very excited to get to be in on the fun. These are the girls with whom I used to spend practically every weekend, but with the onset of nursing school and other life events, I've found myself increasingly estragned from them. It was good to see everyone again. And meet new people. It seems "the group" has expanded quite a bit since my time. New friends are always fun. And so are girly movies. And excessive laughter. Girls' night = goodness.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brooke! I really was soooo glad that you were able to make it! Soooo much fun, right! I think there were some points during the evening when all of us were laughing and talking soooo loud that I couldn't even hear myself think. I-dub can always function as a good escape from reality, right?! And you said it...excessive laughter! That can really be the best medicine...

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home