Friday, October 28, 2005

"I've got the peace that passes understanding down in my heart....Where?....Down in my heart to stay!!"

Man, I love that song. Brings back memories of many a summer at VBS and church camp, in a room packed full of hyper little kids, all clapping and singing at the top of their lungs...Good times.

Only now, this verse of the song suddenly has a whole new meaning to me. For years, it's just been a cute little alliteration, fun to sing and clap to. But now I'm realizing what it is that I've been singing about for longer than I can remember. I am actually feeling this peace, this peace that goes far beyond my understanding.

On the surface, nothing has really changed much in my life in recent days. I still feel confused, alone, and hurt a good portion of the time. But deep down, below the surface, something big is going on. I don't know how to explain it; I really don't understand it. All I know is that I suddenly feel at peace in the midst of my uncertainty. I still have no idea what's going on in my life, no idea where I'll be or what I'll be doing in 7 months, no idea what the future holds for me, and I'm ok with that. What I do know is that God has my life in His hands, and He has a plan for it that's bigger than anything I can imagine. I am learning to trust Him, and in return, He is blessing me with an incredible sense of peace...the peace that passes understanding.

"And if the devil doesn't like it, he can sit on a tack....Ouch!....Sit on a tack to stay!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

brooke~ in chapel today i began to write you a poem in my head. it all began when i thought about how, because of the fluoride in the snyder water, you'll supposedly never get cavities. and i was jealous. and then i thought, "maybe brooke's strong teeth would make a good poem subject." i'll keep you posted.

i adore you and i missed seeing your face last tuesday. i hope your newfound peace continues and grows!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home