Thursday, October 13, 2005

This weekend is homecoming weekend at ACU. And Hardin-Simmons. And McMurry. I don't know who decided that it would be a good idea for all 3 universities in town to have homecoming on the same weekend, but my personal sentiments are that they should be taken out and shot. Or at least firmly reprimanded. Our poor little town is going to be overrun with parents, alumni, and students, all mysteriously consumed by seemingly inhuman amounts of school spirit. Should be good times...

Not that I really have a whole lot of room to talk though. While my typical homecoming behavior is either silent tolerance or blatant avoidance, it seems as though this year I am being sucked into the madness. Phyllis just talked me into attending chapel tomorrow, which will be a homecoming pep rally, followed by performances by the Big Purple band, the ACU cheerleaders, and the Flying Cats. I'm only going to support Phyllis, who is now a member of the Flying Cats, and because she promised to go to lunch with me afterwards if I came. I guess I can take this opportunity to reminisce about my days in the Big Purple during freshman year. Although not a whole lot of great memories come to mind...

My homecoming festivities don't end there, oh no! Sarah has convinced me to attend the homecoming parade with her on Saturday morning. (Assuming I get off work in time. I have to work at 5am Saturday morning because Sub-T 16 is having their homecoming breakfast at Fairway Oaks. There is no escape!!) And because I love Sarah, I will go, and perhaps even enjoy it. There is also talk of my attending (gasp!) the homecoming football game!!! I talked to Stephen earlier this evening, and apparently there are potential plans in the works for a group outing to the game to support our fellow Wildcats. Following the game, we will be attending the homecoming musical together. (Although, I must admit I am excited about the musical. I love musicals, and I love Dr. Seuss, and since this year's musical is Seussical, I think my chances of being entertained are fairly good.)

So who would have thought that I, the one who has only set foot on ACU's campus twice since school started, would be attending practically all of the homecoming hoopla? Life is weird. But I like my friends, and I could definitely use the socialization and distraction that the weekend is certain to provide. So, we'll see how it goes. Yay ACU! (Just practicing.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Joshua said...

ACU ehh. Do you know Byron Rogers, or Lana Povlin?? Great guy and gal. You just posted on www.jpshouse.blogspot.com, so I thought I would post on yours. Hope you like Abilene.....Flat.....Flat...dusty...and oh ya....flat. :)

9:51 PM  
Blogger Joshua said...

I lived in Abilene for a year and went to Wylie High School while my Dad served at Dyess AFB. It was a neat place, although there is nothing there except for Church's, Resturants and colleges. :) Good times.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

according to the official city of abilene website, abilene has a population of 115,930... yes, i do have way too much free time on my hands... actually, that's a lie. i'm just incredibly easy to distract. :)

10:22 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

i hope you are enjoying your homecoming weekend experience. last night the sosebees and i went to the musical, and it was pretty good. it wasn't as high-quality as past HC productions, but how could you not like a musical about dr. seuss?! and after the "aida" controversy, how could anyone blame them for choosing something so inoccuous and goofy? ANYways -- i look forward to seeing you on tuesday!

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home