Friday, October 07, 2005

Good morning! I like new days, because for a few brief moments, I haven't messed anything up yet.

Yesterday was the kind of day that you just want to spend curled up in bed reading a good book. It was cold and rainy all day. You gotta love Texas weather. A week ago we're breaking records with 102 degree days, and then all of a sudden we're desperately trying to remember where we stashed our sweaters. I love it.

Unfortunately, I did not get to spend my day curled up in bed. I had to be at the hospital at 6:30am for clinicals. My last hospital clinical of the semester! Yay! I was on the labor & delivery floor, and I actually got to witness a baby being born. It was so amazing! And let me just tell you, this child was eager to get out into the world. The doctor barely got in the room in time to catch the baby as she practically delivered herself onto the bed. It was awesome. The part that I found most incredible was the fact that the mom, who was just a few months older than me, was able to go from screaming and crying in the worst pain imaginable to sheer wonder and love for this little person in a matter of seconds. Further proof that the things in life that cause us the most pain are also capable of producing a happiness and love that we never thought imaginable. Wow...

Things are still hard. I still have my emotional breakdown moments. But God will get me through this. I just have to keep trusting Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home