Sunday, September 25, 2005

This Is Me

So, recent events in my life have led me to the uncomfortable realization that, despite being myself for close to 22 years now, I still have no idea who I am. This unsettling fact has prompted me to dive head-first into some serious prayer and reflection in hopes that God will reveal to me the person he created me to be. Here's what I've discovered so far:

Things I Like:
girly movies, singing, Gilmore Girls, Disney movies, Play-Doh, sour candy, brownies, flip-flops, pink, glitter, music of most varieties, puppies, babies, pictures, making things clean, red, boys who dress nice, sleeping, Mexican food, thunderstorms, laughing, acting silly, playing Nertz, hot chocolate, snow cones, making lists, blankets, cuddling, sneezing, brushing my teeth, eating ice, markers, math, swings, holding hands, hugs, kisses, backrubs, making people smile, chapstick, stickers, birthdays, snow, reading, surprises, twins, PJ pants, fried okra, fun socks, cooking with friends, hamburgers, Dr. Pepper, God, my family's craziness, Christmas, doodling, coloring, sign language, freckles, my crooked toe, my clumsiness, mittens, stripes, polka dots, stars, movies that make me cry, climbing trees, trampolines, starting over, new school supplies, vanilla-scented things, eating, origami, planning ahead, notes, cookies, painting, mission trips, black-eyed peas (the food), cheesiness, talking, attention, musicals, using big words, Monopoly, typing, good handwriting, filling out paperwork, peanut butter, thrift stores, bargains, boys with trucks, thumb rings, VW Beetles

Things I Don't Like:
waking up, blue Sweet Tarts, cleaning the bathroom, practical jokes, being made fun of, being mean, fire, knives, fighting movies, fighting with people, drama, rap music, the sound of ripping fabric, doing laundry, the word "panties," coffee, marshmallows (except in hot chocolate), hurting my friends (or anyone, for that matter), drinking (personally, it doesn't bother me if other people do), smoking, cussing, pumping gas, grocery shopping, being cold, being dizzy, mayonaise, running, sarcasm, fake-ness, being depressed, thongs, dryer lint, inside jokes, being left out, strapless bras, cheese by itself, bruises, lipstick, acne, my procrastination tendencies, snakes, research, hole-y socks, painted fingernails, long fingernails, my clumsiness, homework, gossip, the smell of flowers, my teeth, high maintenance-ness, earwax, dusting, aimless shopping, vegetables, milk, being afraid, being shy, yellow gold, poncho-shirts, stains, shaving, excessive hair, throwing up, tea, lemons in my water, tapered pants, pleats, writing papers, warts, rudeness, mullets, facial hair, flossing, nuts, pinkie rings, boxy-looking cars

Things I Want to Accomplish in My Life:
learn to juggle, swim with dolphins, learn to ride a unicylce, go to Hawaii, find a job I love, get married, have twins, make a 4.0 this year, finally find my ideal haircut, read the whole Bible, know what it's like to be fully content in God, live in a house with a wrap-around porch, be good at playing the piano, master time-management, influence someone for good, learn how to be my own person

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow.. you are inspiring. I loved reading that. The funny thing is I see that that is you. I wouldnt have said it any other way. I mean obviously there is more to you than glitter, crazy socks and climbing trees, but I think of those things and I see your face. I love you girl and I am so proud of you for who you are becoming.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

things i like: brooke erin monroe!

bret and i are praying for you. i also pray that spammers will stop leaving comments on your blog. you're a terrific friend and i love you dearly.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home