Tuesday, June 07, 2005

This morning I awoke to discover that the water in my apartment had been turned off. I was not pleased. A note clipped to the outside of my front door informed me that it had been temporarily shut off for maintenance purposes. Ah, the joys of apartment life. Shortly after making this discovery, Ryan called and asked if I'd like to accompany him on his journey to Gatesville to retrieve his newly-repaired truck. And so, showerless and with unbrushed teeth, I joined him for a 5 hour round-trip adventure to hicksville and back. It was fabulous. Ryan rescued a turtle from certain death by assisting him in his trek across the road. We passed many a cow, horse, and goat. (And greeted many with a friendly honk.) I took a nap with my head resting on the window and my neck twisted in the most unnatural position, as one can only accomplish during a car ride. But mostly it was fabulous because I got to spend the day with a boy that I'm pretty nuts about. That makes me smile. :)

And now, back in my Abilene, and feeling grungy as ever, I am praying that my water has been turned back on so that I can at last take a shower. Oh to be clean!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home