Friday, November 25, 2005

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, I can officially begin to be excited about Christmas. Yay!

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We had a houseful of crazy relatives, and it was fabulous. We got to share the family insanity with some guests this year, as well. My aunt and uncle invited some friends who are a couple that was evacuated from New Orleans during hurricane Katrina. They were very nice people, and very interesting to talk to. As I listened to Frankie tell about everything they went through and all the horrors of living at the Superdome and on crowded buses, and the uncertainty of not knowing where relatives were for days or weeks, I realized that we really do have much to be thankful for during this season of thankfulness, and all the other seasons, too.

After everyone had stuffed themselves to satisfaction with Thanksgiving goodness, the cousins decided to take a little outing for some holiday bowling. I continue to be a horrible bowler. I keep waiting for the day that my hidden insane bowling abilities will suddenly surface, but, alas, I am beginning to fear that day will never come. Sad day. As it is, I must satisfy myself with the knowledge that at least I am amusing whoever happens to be unfortunate enough to have to witness my fruitless attempts at bowling victory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home