Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Christmas arrived in our apartment today. Michelle brought home a 4-foot Christmas tree, which is now adorned with colorful lights and filling our apartment with a fresh, pine-y aroma. The presence of the Christmas tree inspired me to bring the holiday spirit up a notch with Christmas lights strung around our fireplace and the window pane we have hanging above the couch. Our living room is now a very cheery spot indeed. I also have a little 2-foot tree in my room with white lights. It makes me happy on the inside. Hooray for Christmas! Now if only the weather would cooperate...

Tonight Phyllis and I talked about what we want to do with our lives. It's crazy to think that we're actually old enough to be thinking about these things. But 6 months is not a long time. Before I know it, I will be thrust out into the real world and forced to live my life as a real person. The idea still terrifies me, but I think the slightest bit of excitement is starting to work its way in admidst the terror. I'm still not exactly sure what kind of nursing I want to go into, but tonight I was looking online for nursing jobs in Texas, and I got 65 pages of results. Holy cow! That's a lot of possibilities! Looks like I'm gonna have to work on developing some decision-making abilities here before too long. It's crazy to think how much has changed in my life in the past year. I'm very interested to see what God has in store for me in the coming year...

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

you girls are going to make amazing nurses! and despite the 60-degree weather, i am looking forward to christmas, too. you are a delightful friend and i commend your apartment-decorating skills!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home