Wednesday, January 18, 2006

So I've only had 2 days of school this semester, and already I'm feeling incredibly exhausted. Just thinking about what all I am expected to accomplish in the upcoming weeks and months makes me want to curl up in a ball and hide until May. But I will not. I will overcome! So far I have actually been reading for class, listening in class, and even daring to ask questions in class! Whoa. Could be that I am actually starting to show some interest in my academic endeavors? We'll see...

I am actually quite excited about the semester ahead. True, it will be nothing but pure insanity, but I am determined to succeed. I'm already finding the combination of school and increased work hours to be tricky, but I figure I only plan to stay at my job for another month or so, so I can take it. My job itself is quite insane at the moment as well. Since they pretty much changed the entire way the place is run at the beginning of the year, several people have quit and several new people have been hired. It will be interesting to see how the new dynamic works. I am also quite excited about the social aspect of this semester. Now, it's easy to ask, what with work and class and everything else, how is there time to be social? And the answer is, basically, there's not. And so, I must learn how to be social while doing these things. I have suddenly become less afraid of people and more willing to interact with those around me, which as turned my world upside-down. I'm actually getting to know people I have worked with and gone to school with for years. It's fun! Why I didn't figure this out sooner, I don't know. But I'm loving it. And of course, I will absolutely still find time to spend with my friends who exist outside of my nursing-school-country-club world. Obviously.

Anyway, the point of all this nonsense is simply to say, the semester has begun, it's already insane, but for some unknown reason, the insanity has me incredibly excited about the possibilities that come with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home