Saturday, February 26, 2005

I wish that the internet on my computer worked. Why must computers be such evil, kniving little machines? (I'm proud of myself because I just used the word kniving in a sentence. Hopefully I spelled it correctly.) Luckily, my roommates' computers still work, and so I must simply sneak in and use theirs while they are out and about. Thanks roomies!

Tonight I looked at bridal magazines with Whitney. What fun! 50% of my household is engaged. That's quite a statistic! I never really thought about the extent of planning that goes into a wedding. It's a pretty big task. But I think it looks like fun. Maybe one day....but not today.

I am proud of myself because today I started studying for a test that isn't until FRIDAY! Holy cow! That is unheard of in this girl's world. But times are changing. Bad habits must be broken and replaced with good ones. Pray for my perserverance and hopefully, success.

I miss Ryan. He went home for the weekend for a wedding that didn't happen. I don't know all the details of the situation, but hopefully it will all work out for the best. He's also been doing some work with his dad and spending quality time with his family and friends in the Woodlands. As much as I miss him and would have loved to go with him, I really think he needed to make this trip on his own. He needed to be there for his friends, and I needed to be here. I had to work, which was the reason I didn't go in the first place, but we ended up being really short handed this weekend, and it would have been pretty bad if I was gone too.

Please pray for my friends Kristen and Ashleigh from work. Kristen's grandfather passed away on Wednesday, and it's been kind of hard on her and her family, especially her 15 year old brother. He knew his grandpa was in the hospital, but had no idea how serious things were. And my friend Ashleigh just had her first baby last night, a boy. As far as I know he's healthy and all, but he was born early due to some complications with the pregnancy. He had quit gaining weight and they thought the umbilical cord might be wrapped around his neck. Again, I don't know all the details, but he was delivered by c-section last night and weighed a little over 5 pounds. Ashleigh's husband has been deployed overseas for pretty much her entire pregnancy, but he was able to make it back in time to see his son born. So pray for them, that the baby will continue to be healthy and that Ashleigh will recover quickly, and that they will adjust well to being a family of 3.

Here's a happy note to end on: only 1 week until spring break!! Yay!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey sunshine.. i miss you so much.. Its hard to sit back and hear about all that is going on.. I am going to miss so much.. yucky. Anyway.. know that Im thinkin and prayin for ya

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home