Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Out of Control

So isn't it funny how you can think you have things all planned out, and then all of a sudden life throws you a huge curve ball? Maybe not so much funny "ha ha," but funny "holy cow, what is going on in my life and what happens next?" So last May I moved into this fabulous house with my 3 fabulous roommates in anticipation of 2 fabulous years of nursing school and no plans of meeting any fabulous boys. All went according to my fabulous little plan until about the first week of school. This incredibly amazing boy just showed up in my life and completely swept me off my feet. I quickly realized that I could definitely work this into my plan, no problem. So the rest of my plan continued to be playing out nicely until the realization that the marriage of one of my roommates before the end of next school year might disrupt the housing situation. But again, I tweaked my plan a bit, and all was well with the world. Until another roommate announced plans of marriage before the end of next year. Things started getting slightly overwhelming. And continued. In summary, I am currently facing 2 roommate weddings in August of this year, moving out of my dearly loved house in May, & searching for an alternative place of residence with my remaining roommate. On top of that, things with me and the boy have gotten more serious, and I honestly don't know what to expect from that in the next year or so. Basically, I am learning that I do not have complete control over the situations in my life, and that drives me nuts. However, I also know that there is someone much bigger than me who is in control and who can see the big picture where I can only see what's right now. I just have to trust that He will work things out the way they need to be. Not an easy lesson for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ummm.. Julie... and.... Whitney??? Keep me updated for goodness sake!!!

hahah.. I hope housing stuff goes well.. I am constantly checking online for somewhere to find a single apt... its a rough city to find something in august.. anyway...tell ryan and the crew Hello!

2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home