Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Moments ago, I received a phone call from my younger brother soliciting nursing advice and/or assisstance for his friend who cut his head in a minor bicycle incident. Sadly, I was unable to do anything but offer band-aids and suggest a trip to the minor emergency clinic. I found it exciting that he called though. Perhaps someday I will be able to be of more practical assisstance in such instances.

Tonight I watched the 2-hour-long premier of American Idol. I am slightly ashamed to admit it, but I find that show highly entertaining. Who knew there could be so many Americans living with delusions of vocal talent they do not possess? I am glad I am aware that my singing abilities are sub-par when it comes to singing for the entertainment of the masses. I feel like I can manage decently in group settings, but I am definitely not a solo performer. And I am ok with that. Hooray for the youth group leader from Abilene who made the first cut! Way to represent the desolate land of colleges and churches.

I am feeling especially sleepy just now. Despite the fact that I slept for a good hour or so this afternoon, I can think of nothing more appealing just now than to crawl into my nice warm bed and dream of happy things. I am not daunted by the fact that it is only 10:00, and I have not known such an early hour of sleep in many months. I am actually quite excited by that. It brings back memories of freshman year when Julie and I would be dead asleep long before our faithful RA came by for curfew check at 11:30. Ah, those were the days... Ok, tender moment over. Sleeping commences...now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I could think of nothing better than to crawl into your warm bed and cuddle with you dreaming of happy fuzzy things like children and puppies.

I miss my bedtime as well. Its like 1am here cuz nothing happens till late at night

4:42 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

if i auditioned for "american idol," i would sing "this magic moment" and think of you. okay, tender moment over. :-)

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home