Tuesday, May 22, 2007

So I've kind of been pretty horrible about updating this thing with any sort of frequency or regularity, but, well, I don't have an excuse. That's just how it is.

I am in Arlington currently, enjoying the last of my 6 days in a row not working. Beautiful! Today also happens to be my dad's birthday. Happy birthday Dad!! I love you!

This afternoon I will be headed back to the great city of Abilene to spend one last night with my good friend Phyllis before she leaves me for Vermont, via Philadelphia. Life at the Majestic is going to be so weird and different without the 3rd roommate! Phyllis, you will be missed! Don't forget to come back to Texas sometimes!

So I feel like I should be really excited because it is the beginning of the summer, but then I realize that seasons really have no effect on my schedule anymore. This is still slightly odd to me. There are, however, a number of reasons that I am excited about the coming summer months. Topping my list of exciting events is Charles moving to Abilene at the end of July!! Yay! I am very much looking forward to being done with the whole long-distance aspect of our relationship. That's not to say that it's been a bad thing, by any means. I don't think I would want to trade any part of our relationship thus far, but I am definitely excited about having the opportunity to see him on a daily basis, instead of our time together being limited to weekends only. And I don't think I'm wrong when I say I'm pretty confident he feels the same way...

Other exciting things to look forward to this summer include going to a Kenny Chesney/Sugarland/possibly Taylor Swift concert on June 16, and going to Las Vegas for 4 days at the beginning of August! Not to mention a number of weekend trips to Arlington. And, somewhere in the midst of all these excitements, we are supposed to be doing some pretty major home-improvement projects at the Majestic. Oh yeah, and working a full-time job. Looks like it should be a pretty great summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home