Wednesday, May 23, 2007

So I thought it was supposed to be summer. That should mean that things slow down a bit at work. Today we had 13 patients. That's not what I call slowing down. Especially when you compare it to the last day I worked, when we had 4 patients. Oh well. A little busyness won't kill me.

Phyllis officially moved out of the Majestic today. Sad day. Off to go do big, wonderful things in the big, wonderful world. Good luck, friend!

Today at work, a very cool thing occurred. Towards the end of the shift, one of the girls who works night shift came into work obviously upset by some news she had just received. She was talking to our charge nurse about her fears and concerns, the way people do when they need to process. As Elaine tried to comfort her, she began talking to her about the fact that God will take care of her and that she would be praying for her. Then, she gathered up all of the nurses who worked today, and the ones working tonight who were there already, and we circled up and prayed for her, right there in the nurses' station. It was a very awesome moment. I realized in that moment how lucky I am to work in an environment that allows me to express my faith openly and freely. Hendrick is a Christian hospital, founded on Christian principles and ideals. And while it may be true that there are times when those Christian values are not overly apparent, I was happy to be a witness to and a part of the demonstation of God's love there today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home