Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Is it possible to take a short vacation from life? I feel like that is what I need right now. My life has been running on overdrive for quite some time now, and I am beginning to feel like I could break down at any moment. Work has been absolutely insane lately, and shows no signs of calming down in the very near future. Our house is in complete disarray at the moment, so there is no escaping the chaos here either. There is not a single room in the entire house that is clean or in any sort of presentable state. Seriously. Not one. I have the day off tomorrow, and while I would love more than anything to spend it all doing absolutely nothing, I am afraid that is completely out of the question. If I want to have any hope of salvaging my sanity, I am going to have to spend the day attempting to get this place somewhat close to resembling a place of residence. Of course Megan will be here working on things too, but she also has the final exam for the Maymester course from Hades to prepare for. I feel like at some point life simply has to slow down. It can't keep going on in hyperdrive forever, can it? I don't think I will survive if that is the case.

Ok. Rant over. Time for some perspective. Life is not all bad. Yes, it is busy, but it is good. I have a great job, doing what I love, working with great people. I live in an amazing house that is going to be even more amazing when we finally finish all the work (we will finish all the work, right?). I have a fantastic roommate who is also a fantastic friend. I only have to work one more day this week, and then I get to spend the weekend with my wonderful boyfriend who is coming to see me tomorrow! And most importantly, I serve a God who is bigger than all of my stresses, and who will carry me through them all. I am blessed!!!

Somewhere there is a light at the end of this tunnel. I can't see it yet, but I believe that it is there. Hopefully I will stumble across it soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Sounds like you need some chocolate :)

8:31 AM  
Blogger *Kendra* said...

Whew! Sounds like you do need a vacation! Oh, when are you going to post a picture of your boy on here---we all want to see!!!

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home