Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Today I encountered a newspaper article which brought joy to the very depths of my soul. It was about a couple of scientists who are attempting to mimick the adhesive quality of gecko feet. I enjoyed this article to such a great extent that I ripped it out of the paper with the sole intent of bringing it home and posting it on my blog so that others could share in my happiness. Unfortunately, I left it on Roommate Phil's kitchen table. But he has promised to keep it safe for me, so hopefully sometime in the near future I will be able to share the joy of sticky amphibian apendages with you all. Patience, my darlings...

Work was very boring tonight, as far as actual work goes. We only had 4 people come in to eat. The rest were to-go orders. But aside from the fact that every minute that passed seem to take 3 hours, I had a pretty enjoyable time. I worked with two of our newest employees whom I haven't had the opprotunity to work with before, Melanie and Justen. It was fun. Melanie is from Belgium. She is a military wife who has only been in Texas for 4 months, and is counting down the days until August 2007 when she can return to her country. But she has an awesome accent. Justen is from Abilene, most recently, but has also lived in Arlington and about 10 other cities in the Metroplex area. He has a pretty decent hick accent, but is now dead set on learning French from Melanie. He's terrible. It's awesome. They both have really great senses of humor, so even though this was the first night the 3 of us had met, we spent a good majority of the night giving each other a hard time. It was the first time I've had what could almost be called "fun" at work in a long time. It even made me slightly sad that I only have 2 weeks left there. But only for a second...

I also brought some tulips back to life tonight. Well, ok, they weren't exactly dead yet, but they were pretty darn close. No one believed they could be revived, but I was determined. So with a little direction from Melanie, who apparently is pretty knowlegeable about these things, I trimmed their stems, put them in ice water with a penny in the bottom, and put them in the walk-in refrigerator. An hour and a half later, behold! Tulips who have found a new reason to live! I was pretty happy. As my reward, I took one home. It is now making me happy in a vase on my desk. It's very pretty to look at. Too bad it smells horridly...Oh well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made brooke's blog!!!!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home