Sunday, October 24, 2004

Searching

So I have recently found myself on a bit of quest. A quest for myself, the reasons I believe what I believe and act the way I act. A quest for God, how He is active in the world today and in my life and the plans he has for my life. This is a slightly daunting task, but I am quite excited about it, and would greatly appreciate prayers for the success of my little journey.

So today I finished my month-or-so-long effort of reading all the way through the Psalms. Here are a few of my favorite excerpts (what a great word! so many consonants...)

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer." ~Ps. 19:14

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm." ~Ps. 20:7-8

"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart." ~Ps. 37:4

"The wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them; but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming." ~Ps. 37:12-13

"Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods." ~Ps. 40:4

"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." ~Ps. 55:22

"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." ~Ps. 73: 23-25

"I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands." ~Ps. 119:10

"Teach me knowledge and good judgement, for I believe in your commands." ~Ps. 119:66

"May my cry come before you, O Lord; give me understanding according to your word." ~Ps. 119:169

"Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain." ~Ps. 127:1

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." ~Ps. 139:23-24

"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth." ~Ps. 145:18

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey girl,
It is good to hear of your quests and conquests. Maybe tuesdays can be a mini rib study. I miss talking to you about life, like at sullivans. Lets get together Ya Ya Ya! hahah.. anyway. Many prayers.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home