Saturday, September 25, 2004

A Cry for Normalcy

Just when I thought my life couldn't get any more awkward than the past week has been, I was proven wrong once again. So tonight was Freshman Follies, which I attended in support of my little brother and company. My parents, grandparents, and brother and sister-in-law also came for the event. Practically the whole night I was bombarded by questions about Ryan and why he wasn't there. I was thinking that after subjecting him to much awkwardness on Sunday with meeting all my friends, I should hold off on the familial introductions for a while. All was going well until I managed to break free of my family to go hang out with Ryan for a bit. I told him about the interrogations and harassment I had suffered all night because of him. And what does he do? He tells me he wants to meet my family. Fabulous. So he did. I once again subjected him to a roomful of complete strangers who were overly-eager to make his acquaintance. I don't know if everyone feels this way or not, but I was completely freaked out about introducing him to my family. Most people start dating someone and eventually introduce the parents, but the extended family introductions don't occur until much later. But here we were, after about a week and a half of "official" dating, chatting it up with 7 members of my family. Wow. I've just about decided that at the rate we're going, we're going to run out of potentially awkward situations to get ourselves into before a month is up. Of course, knowing my luck, unheard of awkward situations will somehow find me. But I must give Ryan credit. He handled the whole situation quite well, and he still wants to date me, even after meeting my family. I finally just decided that the awkwardness had to occur sooner or later, so I guess it was just as well to get it over with sooner rather than later. Wow, sometimes I almost miss the days when my life was boring and uneventful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Meetin' the parents...woo woo!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for Bfast and Gilmore Girls etc! I needed an escape. However little we accomplish in our Bfast time, it is amazingly refreshing! See you sunday girl!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home