Friday, August 22, 2008

I feel bad that I have been so long in updating, but I haven't really felt like my life has been very blog-worthy lately. Basically I just go to work, sleep, and do nothing on my days off. At least that it how it feels.

I guess I have been doing stuff though. Several weeks ago I helped my mom rip up carpet in both bathrooms of my parents' house and put down these peel-and-stick tiles. It might sound cheap, but it looks really good. I also repainted one of the bathrooms. So much fun! I just wish I had my own house to do all these things to!

Charles and I actually have been to look at a few houses in the Mansfield area, and even found one that we really liked. Then we started figuring out what all would be invovled in trying to get out of our apartment lease and buy a house now, and the numbers just kept growing. So, looks like it's apartment living for the Nobles' till March or so. At least this gives me plenty of time to think up all the things I want in a house.

Work has been going really well. I am on orientation until September 15, which means I work with a preceptor who basically is just there for me if I have questions or can't find something or whatever. It's pretty much role reversal from what I was doing in Abilene. I really like the people I work with too, which is nice. I loved everyone in Abilene so much, and I was really afraid the people at Cook wouldn't be as fun. But I was wrong. Even though I've only been here about a month, I feel like there are people that I will really have fun working with. Also, I discovered that a girl that I knew back in high school is working on the same floor as me. She works nights now, but is about to switch to days. Yay for a familiar face! And another familiar face is on the way. A girl that worked nights in Abilene just got hired to work days on my floor here! Hooray!

I am super excited right now because Phyllis is coming to stay with us tomorrow! I haven't seen her in over a year! Since before I was engaged or married! That is far too long. The timing worked out perfectly because today is the first of 5 days off for me, so we should get to spend quite a bit of time catching up. Yay!

Tonight I am off the the Rangers game with Charles and his friend Garrett. I have been wanting to go to a Rangers game all summer, so I am pretty excited about that as well. I just hope I have time to finish getting the apartment straightened up and everything before it's time to go!

4 Comments:

Blogger Travis and Erin Bodeker said...

Yea--Brooke Update!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hey! Thanks for your comment! I was very excited about being published! :)I am living in Plano still so we should definitely get together sometime. Sounds like you are transitioning pretty smoothly to Cook's! What an awesome place to work! I still think about those few weeks of preceptorship...loved it there!
Glad to hear things are going well for you!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HURRAY!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www.thatgodmightmove.blogspot.com

thats the new blog!!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home